The Maryland Patient Safety Center maintains a relentless pursuit of innovative approaches to prevent people from experiencing harm due to medical error. Our work is based on evidenced based programs that provide solutions and best practices to improve patient safety outcomes. Our end result: comprehensive programming that includes collaboratives, education, training and conferences for healthcare providers. By becoming an annual dues paying member, providers receive:
- Unlimited registration for the Annual Patient Safety Conference held each Spring
- Unlimited registration for the Annual Medication Safety Conference held each Fall
- Unlimited registration for educational programs that have included: Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Human Factors Engineering, Appreciative Inquiry, etc.
- Participation in the Mid-Atlantic Patient Safety Organization (additional documentation required)
- Discounts (50%) on Lean Healthcare Training, Six Sigma, and other performance improvement programming along with additional needs-based courses.
- Discounted rate for our Caring for the Caregiver program that provides the tools to help employees immediately following an adverse event and emotional first-aid for the second victim
- Discounted rate for organization specific safety training and consultation
Benefits from participating in MPSC educational programming include:
- Improves culture of safety
- Decreases risk of harm to patients
- Tools that allow for evaluation of new processes prior to implementation
- Instruction on required process of analysis after an adverse event in order to determine actions for prevention in the future
- Proven techniques to reduce adverse events, future error(s) and near misses
- Evidence-based teamwork tools, aimed at optimizing patient outcomes by improving communication and teamwork skills
- Information that takes into account human strengths and limitations in the design of interactive systems that involve people, tools and technology, and work environments to ensure safety, effectiveness, and ease of use
- Information that focuses on how systems work in actual practice, with real-and fallible-human beings
If you have any questions regarding membership with the Maryland Patient Safety Center, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-540- 9210.